Fashion and modeling industry are competitive as well as lucrative. Today’s young generation wants to be a part of the glamor world and recognize in the modeling world. The modeling world is full of rejections as thousands of people come to become a model every day. However, if you become famous for your work, you can be in the industry for a long time. If you want to become a professional model, then there some techniques and rules of modeling industry shared by Kim Hanieph, a leading model, which you need to be followed. Following points will help you to start a career as a professional model.
Know the Basics of Modeling
- Fitness is important. Maintain a healthy regime to keep your inner body healthy. A healthy body looks best and attractive. Which is the key ingredient to becoming a professional model?
- Your look is the mirror of your talent in the glamor model. Keep yourself healthy and well groomed. Clear skin, shiny and healthy hair will be a reward to look gorgeous.
- Set your modeling goals, according to your body size. Modeling is not only for the tall and thin girls and tall guys. Anybody can be a model. The mantra is to present yourself according to the needs of the assignment.
- If you are not fit for runway or magazine models, then consider situational modeling like a promotional model, Spokesmodel, Trade Show Models.
- Learn as much as you can about the modeling industry by reading books, blogs, and articles. Educate yourself about the industry. This will help you to learn latest posing& postures and gives you a fair idea how that industry works.
- Research for reputable agencies and agents that place models in high profile modeling like fashion shows and magazines.
- Be ready for the tough road. The modeling industry is full of pretty faces and your road of struggle will be full of challenges. It’s not about looking great. It’s about how you carry yourself and prove better that others. Patience and Perseverance will take you to the way of success.
- Do not be shy about anything. Photographers generally want variations in the poses and welcome the creative idea of photography. So you have to promote yourself and look for the opportunities.
Discover Portfolios and Agencies
- Create your portfolio by taking professional looking headshots, body shots and profile shots. Portfolio signifies that are able to present a range of characters and looks.
- Make your portfolio of the photos clicked by a professional photographer. It will put bit burden in your pocket however professional photography can lead to crack an interview and impress the agencies to consider you again.
- Know yourself. Take a basic measurement of your body like Height, weight, waist, and shoe size. Also, knowing your cloth measurement will be an advantage.
- Once you have created your portfolio, start visiting reputed agencies, carry your portfolio with you. Make sure the agency is reliable and maintain the industry standards.
- Beware of modeling agencies scam. Do not sign a contract without clearing points on a percentage of commission, contract duration, cancellation terms, exclusiveness and any hidden cost.
- As long as your goals are set from the very onset of your modeling career, you should have a clearer picture of what you should know as an aspiring new model. Do not give up. Rejections give you strength and sharpen your skills to stick to your goals. Your determination will help you to become a successful model.
If you are a freelance model and you want to apply to various modeling agencies that can give you access to a lot more castings. Kim Hanieph has shared some tips on how you can apply to various agencies to have a great modeling career.
- Research agencies within the space you would like to model in. You’ll be able to try this by checking through your phone book or using an internet search engine.
- Find out what every agency needs. Innumerable agencies nowadays currently have websites, however, there are others who you will get to call to seek out what they require. Scrutinize the categories of models they represent. Scrutinize any needs they counsel. Conclude what photos they require.
- Get some photos ready. Unless they explicitly otherwise, agencies can wish to examine the minimum of 1 headshot and one body shot. According to Kim Hanieph, if you cannot afford or don’t wish to own photos taken professionally, have a friend take some footage of you or use a passport picture booth for the top shot.
- Prepare a cover letter and, if you have got enough past expertise, a short resume. The cover letter ought to create a note of your statistic (as tall, dress size, bust, waist and hip measurements for women, and shoe size) and justify, briefly, why you would like to be a model and why you think that you have got what it takes. Your resume should embody things like past modeling work, past acting work and any drama/dance coaching you have got had within the past.
- Submit to the agency, however, make certain you are doing this the proper means. Plenty of agencies can currently settle for e-mail submissions, however, do consult with them beforehand that they are doing, therefore. You will be comfortable with regular mail anyway- agencies receive plenty of junk email and a few admit to losing new model applications because of litter in boxes!!
- Get ready for your interview if you get one. Practice your picture faces ahead of a mirror, observe your walk and flick through magazines to induce some plan of how models pose.
- Know how to simply accept rejection. If you have got to wait a month and still not detected something, you’ll be able to safely assume your application has not been selected. If no one has accepted you, repeat the method. According to Kim Hanieph, the bulk of agencies don’t mind you re-applying (in reality, plenty of agents in all probability have forgotten your 1st application within 5 minutes of determined to reject it!) provided you with an honest amount of your time between applications. Browse the agency’s website to examine if it mentions something concerning re-applying. If it does not, wait a minimum of six months. However, do not create identical mistakes over. Modify your look. Tone up. Get skilled images done. Apply to totally different agencies. Rework your letter. Apply by mail rather than email. No matter that you think might have commanded you back last time, change it this time!
Kim Hanieph is a professional model as well as she is also a great animal lover. She has three pet dogs at her home. When she gets time from modeling she loves to spend time with them.
Kim Hanieph born on December 4, 1980, in California. Kim rose swiftly through the ranks of fashion modeling to become one of the world’s top supermodels. She booked 25 runway shows while in California, an unprecedented feat for a newcomer to the industry.
With her incredibly thin body, model Kim Hanieph created quite a stir in the modeling world. Kim Hanieph started modeling as a teenager. Her father was a car dealer and her mother was a designer of children’s clothing. She grew up in a modest home with her younger brother.